Seeking Two Co-Chairs for the 2024 CREW Convention
Wednesday, Jun 7, 2023
The CREW Network Convention brings together more than 1,300 global commercial real estate leaders annually for deal making, business networking, industry education and leadership development. This annual signature event allows attendees to expand their business network and learn about the latest trends, technologies, and innovative projects in the commercial real estate industry. Learn more here.
The CREW Vancouver board is looking to appoint TWO Host Chapter Co-Chairs for the 2024 CREW Convention held in Vancouver between Sep 25-27, 2024. The Co-Chairs are responsible for overseeing a portion of the CREW convention programming and appointing liaisons for the following committees:
- Learning Excursion (aka Walking Tours)
- Leisure/Volunteers (Hospitality Table; Dine Arounds for 15-20 Restaurants; Morning Netwalk/Netrun/Yoga)
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 29 at 5:00PM PST
Application Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GPZNPLJ
*For clarity, aside from what’s outlined above please note the cochairs (also referred to as Host Chapter Co-Liaisons) ARE NOT responsible for all other programming for CREW Vancouver Convention. Planning and execution of keynotes, mega sessions, breakouts, panel speakers, conversation corners etc will be the responsibility of CREW Network staff.
**RE Sponsorship: The 2024 Convention Chapter Planning Guide provided by CREW Network is not yet available. However, in the 2023 guide, it was outlined for Atlanta, the 2023 Host Chapter Convention Sponsorship Committee to raise a minimum of $150,000 USD in new sponsorship revenue in coordination with CREW Network staff. This amount has not yet been confirmed for 2024.
- Submit and present at least 15 proposals for Learning Excursions in Q3 2023 to CREW Network who will review and confirm final recommendation. Learning Excursions range from 25-50 participants, typically 2-3 hours, and features city’s new and existing commercial real estate developments projects. It is required to schedule at least 2 local volunteers per Learning Excursion. This includes a Volunteer Point Person who is responsibilities for confirming speakers, develop program content, determine format etc.
- Act as point of Contact for CREW Network and meet with respective committees prior to monthly conference calls (Feb-Sept 2024) with CREW Network
- Must be available to attend and coordinate welcome booth at Marketplace during CREW Convention 2023 in Atlanta (date TBC likely Wed Sep 20 2023 afternoon) to instill excitement and information regarding Convention Vancouver 2024 (ie organize swag bag)
- While attendance for the actual conference at CREW Convention 2023 in Atlanta is not mandatory, it is highly recommended. A travel stipend up to a max. of $3000 will be covered by the CREW Vancouver Chapter. Cost Estimates: Early Bird Convention Ticket: $1199 USD (Register by Aug 11) + Hotel at Hyatt Regency Atlanta: $229/night USD + 17% Tax + Airfare
- Carry out responsibilities in a professional manner and in the best interest of CREW Network and CREW Vancouver. Liaison as required and report to CREW Vancouver Board.
Expected Time Commitment:
- July 2023 – Sept 2024
- Lead/attend monthly committee meetings, subcommittee meetings and CREW Network meetings
- Provide monthly progress updates to the CREW Vancouver Board
- Attend/host Marketplace at CREW Convention 2023 in Atlanta (date TBC, likely Sep 20 2023)
- Application extended to Thurs, June 29 at 5Pm
- Appointment anticipated by July.
- Selection is voted on by CREW Vancouver Board of Directors.
- Depending on the number of candidates, and interview may be scheduled prior to final appointment.
Please let us know if you have any questions by contacting Tina Lu (CREW 2023 President).